Why Join the Sacramento Valley Chapter of American Payroll Association?
As a payroll professional, you are vital to your company’s success…responsible for payroll processing, technological developments, and complete legal/tax compliance globally.
For that reason, the Chapter's goal is to build a network of payroll professionals who can call on each other for assistance in our complex profession. The Chapter has been in existence since 1992 and meets the Third Thursday of February, April, June, August and December. The meetings start at 11:30AM with lunch and the Chapter business meeting, followed by a speaker(s) with relevant topics to the going ons in the profession. The Chapter invites anyone involved in the payroll profession to join us.
There are times during the year when you know an important change in federal rules, regulations, or forms is imminent. With APA you will stay ahead of the pack. This Chapter brings you up to date speaker presentations and topics five times per year, informational emails, as well as all of the information needed to keep you abreast of the APA National Organization and its value to you as a professional.
- Employers: Do you know what the financial penalties are for failing to file payroll data on magnetic media if your company meets the mandatory qualifications? What the potential penalties are for violations of the Wage and Hour Law enforced by the U.S. Department of Labor? What can happen if your employees are not paid overtime correctly or do not receive their paychecks on time? The effective payroll professional saves your company money and exposure to liability by processing the payroll accurately, efficiently and timely. This requires keeping abreast of the technological and legislative trends which have impact on the payroll and HR functions and ultimately, the company.
The greatest benefit of membership is that you have decided to stand up and be counted. When you join APA, your voice and professional status are raised in union. You are an important link in a powerful professional chain. The synergy created through membership and your company's realization of your professional standing profit you and your organization. You make a difference when you join the APA. We offer RCH credits for our CPPs and FPCs.
In addition to the many benefits noted above, members of the Sacramento Valley Chapter receive:
- Invaluable networking with the chapter members
- Reduced educational chapter meeting fees throughout the year with eligibility for door prizes
- Access to "Members Only" portion of chapter website
- Access to FPC and CPP Study Groups
- Free Chapter Logo item and National Payroll celebrations
- Invitation to Chapter's Annual Appreciation Event held in December
- Special Updates to the Annual California Statewide Payroll Conference and events
- Scholarship opportunities to the California Payroll Conference as well as annual stud groups